Work one-on-one with Ben Hopkin

Private Sessions

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Commitment, Revisited


Yeah, yeah.  I get it.  I talk too much.

But at least I commit, right?

This week we're taking another go-round with the final "C", commitment.  There's a reason for that.  I'm going to blame it on the half-hour format.  Some might blame it on the fact that I spend way too much time yapping.  I prefer to refer to myself as someone who is very detail-oriented.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you clearly missed my radio show last Thursday where I managed to spend the entire time answering a question from the stream as well as one from a caller.  Hopefully it was useful information for everyone, but I'm not going to try to claim that it had anything to do with the topic.

I will say, though, that that's kinda how I roll.  I give more weight to a real person asking a real question than I do to the topic that I chose.  It does mean, however, that if you tuned in specifically to hear about commitment, you didn't get much of it.

So, we will talk more about it this week.  Probably.  I'm not making any hard-and-fast promises, because if someone calls in and wants to talk about agencies, marketing, some specific acting discipline or whatever... I'm most likely gonna answer their question before I do anything else.

There is a solution to this.  If you want to hear about commitment, call and ask me about it.  I LOVE to hear from you guys.  It totally makes my night/week/month, so don't hesitate!  I don't bite unless asked, and I'm pretty sure the rest of my listeners don't either.  Remember:  shyness is just reverse judgment, and none of us want to be judgmental, right?  :)  So, tune in this Thursday at 8 pm Pacific right here and call in at (424) 243-9619.  At which point, we'll talk about whatever you want to talk about. :)

If you've been under a rock or just started following me on Twitter or reading this blog, just wanted to let you know of the amazing reduced prices for my online acting classes--$50 per month for once-a-week classes and $90 per month for twice-a-week classes.  You can't find better than that anywhere, and the online classes are super convenient and perfectly suited to learn on-camera technique.  You can sign up at the top of my blog.

1 comment:

  1. One’s marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, Really very useful blog site .I want to encourage you to continue your great posts, thanks for the post .
    Drama Classes for Kids

    ReplyDelete