Work one-on-one with Ben Hopkin

Private Sessions

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Riddle Me This... the Q & A Session

Nobody wants to look stupid.

Heaven help me, I understand the impulse, as foolish as it is.  We all want to be "in the know", even when we really aren't.  By the way, even the folk who are "in the know" don't know everything.  I certainly don't.  The only difference is that I typically will tell you when I'm giving you an educated guess.

Experience is an amazing teacher.  However, none of us has unlimited experience.  Therefore, it follows logically that there will be gaps in our knowledge.  Those gaps are greater for those that are just starting out.  There is absolutely no shame in it whatsoever.  It's just a good thing to remember as we're trying to navigate our way through as system that's confusing to even old pros without taking the time and energy to be well informed first.

What do we do when we don't know something?  We go about trying to get it.  We go to college, to a parent, to a trusted mentor.  We seek out experts in the field we're interested in to find out what we want to know.

So, for this week, I'm giving you an opportunity to ask anonymously any of those questions that you would be too embarrassed to ask otherwise.  Or, if you want to be brave, go ahead and ask your questions in a more public way--commenting on my blog here, @'ing me on the stream on Twitter, or by actually calling in to my internet radio show this Thursday at 8 pm Pacific Standard Time.  But if not, you can email me at actingwithoutthedrama (at) gmail (dot) com.  I promise I won't mention your name if you do. :)

Whether you email, comment, @ or call, I will try to answer every question I get during the show this Thursday, time allowing.

And if you like what you hear, maybe it's time to step up your game a little bit.  It doesn't matter where in the world you are, as long as you have internet connection and a webcam, I can train you as an actor.  You can sign up here on my blog, or request more information by email me.

So, here I am, ready and waiting for you questions.  Let's get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment