Work one-on-one with Ben Hopkin

Private Sessions

Friday, August 14, 2020

The Three C's of Acting, ONLINE


Yeah, it's not new, it's not clever, it's not innovative.

So why did I wait so long to do it, you ask?

Well, because many years in the past, I tried to do this same thing, at a time when it was new and clever and innovative.

I fell flat on my face.

No interest. No students. Just me all by my lonesome, putting on free sample classes on WebEx (we'll use Zoom for this class as it's a far more straightforward option. They were FREE, y'all. I still had almost zero takers. And when you do have just a couple, that makes for a very awkward class. It doesn't fill the students with with excitement and inspire trust. So even while what we did manage to do was pretty awesome (ever played a scene with someone from Australia?), it fizzled in fabulous fashion.

Now we're in a time when most of us are dealing with some level of COVID issues. We're also in a time when video conferencing has gotten MUCH better. So we can do this! I already know how!

And yes, we WILL BE DOING SCENE WORK.

So, fear be damned (you'll actually find that's not something I espouse, but that comes later)!

Starting Thursday, September 10th, I'll be holding a Three C's of Acting class (that will have some acting for film mixed in, because we're already using the medium, so why not?)

For those who have taken my classes before, you'll know that they're gentle, but never comfortable. They do well for actors who are just starting out, as well as those who have been working and studying for a long time. I enjoy having a mix of experience levels in my classes, as it enhances the environment for everyone. Each course runs for six weeks. 

For those who haven't taken my classes before, I'd love to welcome you in! I promise to create a safe environment that will nurture you, but take you beyond where you ever thought you'd be able to go. That's a big claim. I fully intend to back it up.

In addition to the newness of the class being online, I'll also be providing for everyone who signs up (even if you're not able to make it into the class due to the group being too large), two links for previously recorded classes. One is on Connection. The other is on Communication and Commitment. Those are the Three C's, by the way. Now you know. Mystery solved.

For those who are accepted into the class, you'll also get one free hour of one-on-one coaching with me. No extra charge.

The classes will meet at 6pm PDT, 7pm MDT, 8pm CDT, 9pm EDT. The classes will typically run for three hours. If you have to arrive late or leave early, that is totally acceptable. The online format makes it WAY less intrusive.

Signing up:
To sign up, please go here and fill out the form. Once that's done, the payment links are below. Full payment is $195 for the 6 week course. The non-refundable deposit is $35. If you make a deposit, the remainder of the payment ($140) will be due on or before the first day of class.

Payment links:
Three C's of acting full amount--go here.
Three C's of acting deposit--go here.
Three C's of acting balance--go here (only use this option if you've paid the deposit and need to pay the remainder).

I do also accept Venmo payments (@Ben-Hopkin).

Once the classes have started, the entire amount of $195 is due, regardless of the number of classes you end up attending. If something happens during the course (for example, you get cast in a show or film!) and you need to withdraw, talk to me about it. I can pro-rate the remainder of the classes and use it as a deposit for my next round of classes.

For those who might need some flexibility on payment, contact me (actingwithoutthedrama -at- gmail -dot- com) with a payment plan already thought through. I'll let you know whether or not it's something I can work with. I don't want the price to keep you from studying with me, so I'll do what I can to help you out!

Enrollment is limited (I like to keep the classes small), so make sure and sign up quickly! Your deposit insures your place in the course. Don't worry. If the classes fill up, I'll refund your deposit fully.

A note on tuition: you are signing up for the entire course. If you have to miss a class, you won't be refunded for that day. You're encouraged to clear your schedule on the day of class for the entire 6-week course.

Once you sign up for the Three C's of Acting, make sure you find and prepare a one-minute monologue (have it memorized and ready to perform for when the class starts). That will be the first thing we'll be working on in class. If you're having trouble finding something, email me (actingwithoutthedrama -at- gmail -dot- com) for tips and places you can start looking.

I'm excited to work with you, so let's get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment