Work one-on-one with Ben Hopkin

Private Sessions

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Acting for Film and Auditions Classes Starting Aug. 22 and 24


Okay, actors! It's been a while, but I'm starting up two classes in Orem (for all you SLC folks, I'm planning on one up there, too, once I can secure the venue)! The first is Acting for Film that will start Monday, August 22nd. The second is an Auditions class that will start Wednesday, August 24th. Both will run for 6 weeks. The Acting for Film class will skip Labor Day (Sep. 5th), so will end October 3rd.

Both classes will meet at 7pm. End times will be based on enrollment, but are typically 10pm. Both courses will include my specific approach to the craft of acting. If you've never taken a class from me before, it's what I call the Three C's of Acting.

For those who have taken my classes before, you'll know that they're gentle, but never comfortable. They do well for actors who are just starting out, as well as those who have been working and studying for a long time. I enjoy having a mix of experience levels in this class, as it enhances the environment for everyone. The course runs for six weeks. Mondays for the Acting for Film class, Wednesdays for the Auditions class.

The classes will meet in Orem at 381 East, 230 South. It's a house, and we'll be meeting in the studio space above the garage. There will be signs, but you will enter through the gate on the right side of the house, then take the stairs up to the studio.

To sign up, please go above to the PayPal drop-down menu and either select the full amount or deposit option for either class. Full payment is $165 for the 6 week course. The non-refundable deposit is $35. If you make a deposit, the remainder of the payment ($130) will be due on or before the first day of class.

Once the classes have started, the entire amount of $165 is due, regardless of the number of classes you end up attending. If something happens during the course (for example, a show or film) and you need to withdraw, talk to me about it. I can pro-rate the remainder of the classes and use it as a deposit for my next round of classes.

For those who might need some flexibility on payment, contact me (actingwithoutthedrama -at- gmail -dot- com) with a payment plan already thought through. I'll let you know whether or not it's something I can work with.

Enrollment is limited (I like to keep the classes small), so make sure and sign up quickly! Your deposit insures your place in the course. Don't worry. If the classes fill up, I'll refund your deposit fully.

A note on tuition: you are signing up for the entire course. If you have to miss a class, you won't be refunded for that day. You're encouraged to clear your schedule on the day of class for the entire 6-week course.

Once you sign up, make sure you find and prepare a one-minute monologue for the Acting for Film class (have it memorized and ready to perform for when the class starts). That will be the first thing we'll be working on. If you've never looked for a monologue, email me (actingwithoutthedrama -at- gmail -dot- com) for tips and places you can start looking.

For the Auditions class, I will either provide sides for you, or if you happen to have an audition coming up, you can work on that material for the week.

I'm excited to work with you, so let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment